Job title: Warrington Innovation Network PCN Manager
Reports to: PCN Clinical Director
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Base: Agile working at GP Practices within Warrington Innovation Network (Working from home and in person at the Practices)
Salary: Depending on experience
THC Primary Care is supporting the recruitment and training of the Warrington Innovation Network Manager. This position will be employed by Warrington Innovation Network
Warrington Innovation Network has a registered population of 54,444 patients made up of 7 practices.
Our vision is that "Healthy patients and happy staff are at the heart of everything we do. And we strive to work together to ensure our patients get the right support, in the right place, at the right time. We want to help them to live healthier, happier and more fulfilling lives so that they can start well, live well and age well."
While operating under the working direction of the Clinical Director, the post holder will be required to develop effective relationships with the respective practice managers.
In addition, close links will be required with other PCN management team members and with our external stakeholders, such as the voluntary / care sector, community trusts and secondary care trusts.
The role of the Network Manager is being established to assist the members of the PCNs in their collaborative work and to provide a central source of management and leadership.
The ideal candidate will need to be proactive, have a passion for primary care, and have a proven track record in delivering primary care improvements.
The remit of this role is broad and will require attention to detail in delivering high-quality day-to-day operations.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive and may be subject to changes as deemed necessary;
The PCN Manager’s areas of responsibility include and are not limited to:
Strategy and Leadership:
· To clarify objectives and priorities for network delivery in line with operational capacity, financial parameters and contract requirements
· Research and apply evidence from national policy guidance that will influence the planning and delivery of PCN priorities
· Promote the engagement of all PCN practices and act as an ambassador for the network.
· To proactively build relationships with system leaders to help influence proactive and new models of care
· Provide and build upon key performance management data, as appropriate
· To provide oversight and accountability with regard to the delivery of Networks' projects/schemes.
· Manage contractual requirements on behalf of the network
· Coordinate training and development of PCN staff
· Coordinate the delivery of enhanced services and other service submissions on behalf of the Networks.
· Collate feedback/analysis data on behalf of the network to report to the CCG and other organisations as required
· To manage the workflow processes concerning the above
· To support the Chairing of network meetings
· Identify and record risks and issues, developing contingency plans with Network Leads
· Ensure all relevant national strategies, policies, targets and frameworks are fully implemented
· Drive issues through to resolution, acting as a point of expertise
· To implement network-based projects
Finance and Governance
To support the collation of financial information
· To monitor and check the accuracy of the submissions for the DES and contractual requirements on behalf of the network
· Compiling and presenting financial reports
· To ensure that all reports and claims are submitted on a monthly and quarterly basis
· To ensure that the PCNs physical and financial resources are managed and maintained for maximum effectiveness through:
1. Ensuring financial risks are recognised and appropriate action taken
2. Planning and monitoring income and cash flow to ensure that income is maximised and that funds are available as required
3. Ensuring the Practice's allocation of resources is fair and equitable
4. To maintain up to date knowledge of national streams
5. To work alongside the lead Practice and their financial infrastructure in delivering the above
· To build and mature both internal and external stakeholder relationships to the network
· To foster a culture of collaboration, and promote inter-service learning to drive continuous improvement
· To work as a flexible member of the PCNs, providing support to other team members when necessary
· To take an active role in the development and embedding of the PCNs culture, values and reputation
· To encourage all staff to collaborate through sharing information and intelligence across different activities
· Develop and deliver a communication plan using a wide variety of channels
· To represent the network at external meetings
· Listen and act on staff feedback from the frontline to build staff trust by adopting a proactive, facilitative approach.
· Provide coaching and support to staff and stakeholders involved in PCN transformation and development
· Support recruitment, induction and training of new PCN staff under the Additional Role Reimbursement Scheme
· Support recruitment which is aligned to a workforce plan
· To facilitate progression for the PCN staff to promote staff retention
Other: Any responsibility identified during the course of the job. This is an evolving role, and the candidate will need to be flexible and adaptable.
Application: Please email your CV and full covering letter to email@example.com.
Deadline of Application: 25th of March 2021, 17:00
Interview Dates: To Be Confirmed